Monday, December 16, 2013

This Weekend

This weekend was pretty low key.  We decided not to go do anything out of town and just focus on hanging out with each other and some friends.  And Link decided to wear his hoodie everyday this weekend.

Paint Chip Trees with gem stickers.  Notice all Link's tree faces.

The Borax worked.  Crystal Snowflakes.  But it also ruined the glass jars.

The main thing I did this week was move a book shelf downstairs and paint our stairwell.  This stairwell is driving me crazy.  I can't get it right.  I painted it dark blue and I liked it but it seemed a little dark.  So I painted the lower portion this yellow-orange color and now I think it is too bright.  I do like the blue steps and I am wanting to do a yellow-orange chevron on the fronts of the steps.  But maybe this lower portion walls just needs to be white, or blue again.  I need some input before I throw myself down them.

The other thing we did this week was go to Brian and Frederique's Friend's Christmas Party.  We have gone almost every year and it always a lot of fun.  I love their retro apartment and I love Brian's cooking. We had things like venison on jelly and toast, smoked fish with radishes on crackers, etc.  We use to be much closer with this group but life has changed.  I think we are the only one with kid(s). One thing that remains the same is that this group always has the same sense of humor, which I love. It is a type of sarcasm that pierces but is just too funny.  Example: Brian was making coffee because there was a lot of beer sampling and some people had to drive home.  Chris Hadley, jokingly referring to himself says "Yes, some people have the minds of the future to mold tomorrow," and Jake, who actually just met Chris for the first time jumps right is "My. my, do we have someone who thinks highly of himself here." There are a lot of jabs that just make everyone crack up.

And the last thing I did this weekend was show Link some birthing videos.  I youtube-d videos where toddlers were watching births so I could make sure they were not too insane.  I wanted to know if Link wanted to be at this birth.  After watching them Link told me I could have the baby in the downstairs tub and he and dad would play legos upstairs.  Then they would come down.  After I told him Dad would be with me he decided a friend with Legos would be a better place to be.  However, watching the videos had a reverse effect on me.  I was reminded of that feeling to give birth and feel a little out of control.  And now I'm terrified and don't want to do it again.  The only time I really wanted to give birth again was the week after Link was born.  Having just done it I knew I could do it again.  Now it's been too long.  I don't remember a thing.

Link has been so sleepy this weekend.  We are all slightly battling some illness.  One night we laid down in bed and I told Link I would go get his pajamas.  I was gone about 30 seconds and when I came back he was asleep.  I thought he was faking it at first until I remembered he never fakes being asleep.  He slept through the night.

No comments: