Saturday, December 14, 2013

More Advent Ornaments

So I have not been keeping good track of the ornaments from which day we made them but we have been continuing to do them.  Successes include easy things like painting wood push puppet blanks and putting fruit loops on a pipe cleaner and bending it into a candy cane shape.

We tried salt dough which was pretty much a disaster.  Everything broke.  A week later they are still not hard and I cut the water content in half because the first recipe gave us salt and flour soup instead of dough.


Yesterday we made snow globe scenes using some village scene pieces, plastic cups and paper plates and cotton balls.

Tonight Link and I made pipe cleaner ornaments that you keep in borax overnight and they get crystals on them.  I guess we shall see.

P.S.- Whenever Link wears a shirt with a hood, he wears it all day.  And I thought to myself about how when this NKOTB shirt was bought some 20 years ago, I don't think I ever thought I would be wearing it over a big prego belly.

No comments: