Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Dear Santa, Please don't bring

Link has been awesome this year about getting presents.  Every time he gets a gift he says "I'm so lucky," and he really means it.   He is also aware that not all kids have toys and that he has a lot.  We are starting to try to get rid of some toys but it is a struggle, for me more than him.  I love toys and have thought often of opening a toy store, but Link plays with mainly one or two things.  I also wonder if baby #2 might be interested in the toys.  So maybe storage is the best place for toys right now.

The thing that Link really wants this year is a C3P0 Lego figure, but he is working on getting one himself with tickets he receives for being helpful.  He is happy with whatever he gets though and when people ask me what he wants I often just think of things he wouldn't like.  There are a few sensitivities and lack of interest that he has that are pretty present.

So, if Link were to write a letter to Santa, I think it would go a lot like this.

Dear Santa,

I am so lucky, I have a lot of toys.  I don't really even need anything.  But, what I would really like to have is a Lego C3PO.  Please don't bring me any coloring books (I have yet to see him use more than one color or have any interest in staying in the lines), band-aids (We were able to get him to wear ones when he needed one by buying star wars band aids, but other than that he would rather not wear them), anything like slime or goo that would get my hands dirty (this kid doesn't even like finger paint, sand, or food that makes a mess, or bubble bath and bath toys (while baths have gotten a lot better, he has no desire to stay in water for long periods of time and won't even enter a tub with bubbles.


No comments: