Monday, December 10, 2012

2012- Week 48 & 49

 1. I took a couple ideas from different people and made Link an advent calendar of gift bags.  Each bag has a book in it we read each night.  Since we are having a Norwegian themed Christmas, I have mostly been using Jan Brett books.  I just check them out from the library and fill the bags.

2.  Paul and Paula had us and the Moser's over for dinner.  We had soup in bread bowls.  Agnes even came.

3.  Link had his first bout of pink eye.  Paula had some meds from her sister, who works at an eye clinic, that she passed along to us.  We looked the medication up online and made sure it was for pink eye and could be used on children.  It got rid of it in a day or two.

4.  I decided to gift Lincoln with a lego table that I am making out of our old coffee table.  Phase 1-3 complete.  This photo is phase 1.  Just need to attach the lego top now. 


 5.  We had our second Women's Circle in Guttenberg.  I brought a friend I met this summer at the garden, Kaitlyn.  She fit in very well even though she was the youngest and the only one without children or a spouse.  She even signed up to host an event!  The only negative is that Kaitlin lives in Prairie and has a suspended license so it is a lot of driving at night for me, but I think it is worth it to make this connection for her.

6. I met with a food service director in Wauzeka to go over purchase orders and start the bid process for farmers.  I also met with Kayla Koether, who is the Farm to School Representative in Clayton County.  She gave me great ideas on bidding, going into the classrooms, and was just fun to talk to.

7. Kim and Kelly Bromelkamp and Julie Grau did an essential oils class at whimsy market.  I am opening up the store to home based business meetings during the slow time.  They did a really good job.  I liked the emphasis on natural products and following your intuition.  But the strength test just seems silly.

8. There was parent's night at tap and gymnastics.  It was great to see how far Link has come and also reminds us what we need to work on.  He doesn't seem to be a natural at either so we have to
practice.  I really like that he is learning these new ways to move his body.

9. My friend from high school, Scott Farmer, was back home for a visit.  He tries to fit me in whenever he comes back from Hawaii, or Thailand, or Australia (which is where he has been for the past 4 years).  We always get a few minutes together that feel special.

10. On Friday the Holiday train came to McGregor again.  This year we almost got to ride it as well, but the people we were replacing decided to go.  It seemed much earlier then last year and we got their right when the train was leaving.  Fortunately Santa stands on the back and waves so to Lincoln it didn't seem like we missed anything.



No comments: