Saturday, December 22, 2012

Week 51- 2012

1. I finished the Lego table for Link.  He loves it.

2. We continue our Norwegian/Scandanavian theme Christmas with our advent calendar and tree (decked out it flags).  Link is so use to reading books by our author of choice every time I say the word "by" he smiles and says "Jan Bread" (Meaning Jan Brett).  We made a Norwegian ornament of weaved paper as well.


 3.  We did Christmas with my mom's side of the family and my family opened gift too.  It was a lot of fun with the Giuntas, including a great game of spoons and lots of laughs. Link got a Leapster from Grandma and Grandpa that he really enjoys.  While most of my family was watching Green Bay versus the Bears, Agnes and I watched Norway versus Montenegro.  In what sport you ask?  Handball.  It seems like such a whimpy little thing in the name, but it was quite entertaining.  It's like a mix between soccer and basketball.

4. Monday Link and I went to Dubuque.  He was excellent all day.  We went to Menards and I bought myself what I really wanted for Christmas, a miter saw.  We went to several other shops and ended the day at Olive Garden (using our gift certificate), which according to Link "smells like bread!"

5. SNOW!  Lots of it.  So much so that school was canceled.  I tried to take Link outside during the blizzard and the wind blew snow in his face and he was done.  So we stayed inside and made a ton of crafts (button snowflake, shield, weaving heart ornament, etc) and cooked (broccoli soup, homemade bread, etc).

6. At story hour Link made a pine cone bird feeder.  He was very excited about putting it up.

7.  After yoga the group got together for a cookie exchange.  It was awesome.  Natalia is not only a phenomenal yoga instructor and attorney, she is also an amazing chef.

8. I woke up Wednesday to what the chiropractor told me was a "rib head out of place."  Fortunately I was able to get in right away, but it still took my breath away every time I looked right for the next couple of days.

9. I opened Whimsy Market back up on Friday and Agnes joined me for the day.  She made the day fun, even making me laugh so hard that I was wiping away streams of tears.  On Saturday the Bruxvort Colligans "The River's Voice" came and sang for the store patrons.  They were excited to visit with us, and Sam was excited to see Link.

10. Dad came over to look the car over once more before we head to Kentucky tomorrow.  He also found a few other projects to tinker with.  We thought he reminded us a lot of Santa in this photo.

No comments: