Sunday, November 25, 2012

2012- Week 47

We found out these have little fairy tales in them for kids.
 1. Monday I went to Decorah for errands.  I stopped by Brenda's house and gave her a drying rack I had scored at a Goodwill in Madison that she had admired at a clients house we had been to in the past.  I also went to the Norwegian Museum and bought some food for Agnes (so nice we have one so close) and had lunch at La Rana.  I also scored some great deals at the Depot and Goodwill, took the recycling to the center, bought Bryce a great Christmas present, and bought Lincoln a fish, which we call Ruby.  Not bad for a single day.

2. School was cancelled on Tuesday due to dense fog, but that didn't keep us inside.  Agnes went with Link and I to story hour in McGregor and then we went shopping in Prairie.

3. We had a pretty good week at the store, being that one day we were closed.  Friday and Saturday actually turned out really well (and I thought everyone was going to head the malls, silly me).

4. Thanksgiving dinner was at my parents.  I made Russian Tea, Cream Corn, and a lettuce salad with berries, nuts, apples, etc.  I wasn't to thrilled about any of them but we still had a good meal and then people napped and watched the Macy's parade (watching for Ted, Lorri, and Mason) and then the rest of my family all took off at 5 pm for Black Friday shopping.

5. I was called at midnight on Thanksgiving to attend a birth I was on call for to photograph.  It was a great birth.  I can't say too much about the family for professional reasons but it was their ninth child, but the first time they were using a tub which is why they were wanting a photographer.  The baby was born at 9 am so we were all pretty sleepy.  It was born in the caul and had its arms crossed over its face which was why it was taking a little longer then some of the others.  I am still in awe over it.

6. On Friday we were invited to the Schillers' house and we had a great time.  We got there a little bit later then the rest of the guests because we had to close the shop up, but we had really nice conversation and things felt a lot better for us, especially with a little bit smaller group than last.  Agnes was with us again, but we were a lot less concerned about her comfort level as we know now that she does fine any place we go.

Europe had some new things to learn, like tunnels and train stations.
7. Saturday was Small Business Saturday and it was a good day at the shop.  When we were finished we went to Ryan and Kim's house with Lincoln and played some games (Agnes had basketball practice).  A couple other couples came too, one we know in passing and the other we didn't know at all.  We played Ticket to Ride (Europe version), Yahtzee, and Zoink. 

8. Sunday we had a bigger family gathering for Thanksgiving.  It was at my Aunt Amy's.  All her children were there and all my uncles and their families (minus Liz and Amanda's).  We ate until we popped, then danced to Kinect until we were out of breath, then played Apples to Apples until we were out of laughter.

9. I put up the tree.  We decided to go with a Norwegian theme this year and because I am also a fan on "The Mitten" by Jan Brett we are incorporating some of her books in.  I asked Agnes how they decorate their tree so we have a lot of little Norwegian flag garland on our tree.  Also, Grandma Koch gave Link a steam train set so that will go under the tree too.

10.  To make way for the tree I had to get some control of the toy box so I offered boxes of toys to child-free families and had two takers.  I've got one delivered and one I will need to send, so I am working on that one still.  I am excited to do it.

No comments: