Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lincoln's Imagination

Link has been excelling at the dinner table. He now blows on ALL his food before and sometimes after it is in his mouth. He signs "more" intentionally now and when he is hungry and we are not feeding him. He occasionally signs "all done" AND he can say it too! This advancement in communicating is good because we are already in what I think is considered the terrible twos. The way I see it the terrible twos are mostly the lack of understanding between parent and child due to communication inabilities. Well, it is here. Probably not as bad as it will be in the future, but enough to be annoying and enough to think I was dealing with tantrums for a while. I guess Lincoln really never has had a tantrum, he just gets whiny and brisk in his movements when we understand what he wants.

He also has a great imagination. He loves to pick up imaginary food and eat it. I noticed this first when he seemed to be picking up cheerios from under his butt in the car seat. I thought I had cleared them all out but then I realized what he was picking up was non-existent. He also does great with animal sounds and raises his arm for an elephant trunk when making the sound.

No comments: