Sunday, October 12, 2014

Nine years as family



Wednesday was our anniversary.  It was also a busy day.  We decided the best time for us to celebrate would be the morning due to after school programs and play practice.  Link had an optional field trip to Pinter's Pumpkin patch he could go to with Kinderhaus so we brought him up to that.  Then Bryce and I went the the magpie coffee house where we had some coffee and breakfast.


Yes that would be a toy on the table.  Felix did crash the date.


I had recently looked up the 9th anniversary gift and it is pottery.  Doh, we have a pottery friend but too late for that.  So instead we walked over to the clay studio to check it out.  Unfortunately wed hours were in the afternoon.  Bryce then had the idea to check out the little fashion boutique we have never been too which translates to "little sister" but is in Norwegian.  These were lots of great clothes there for women and also for kids, but not men, lots priced lower than I expected and stuff actually fit and looked good.  As a gift Bryce got me a leather cuff from there with a quote from our wedding.  


I also got Bryce (our entire family) something made out of leather though it was the wrong year.  These two living room pieces are exactly what we needed for our space.


Apple pie is our traditional anniversary food.  This year I still had lots of apples left from Shihata's so I had Link help me bake an apple pie.  With premade pie crust it was pretty easy to make.  We made it during the hour I had between work and play practice and ate it when I came home.


No comments: