Sunday, October 12, 2014

Clayton county extension after school programming


So besides being in musicals and raising children, I do work.  And I absolutely love my job.  I've recently received 5 different grants, 3 of which are project based, so not only do we get money, we get training.  I love going to trainings.  They make me feel like I am in school again and I loved being in school because I love to compete intellectually.   I get a rush out if being the winner in constructing the windmill that will lift the most weight (mine lifted 16 washers, second place got 4) against a room full of science and physics teachers.  Although I do have to say it bothers me a little to be the only adult to figure out how to make the gravity ca actually go when I'm not even a teacher..  Every time I go to a training, around noon i start thinking, "I should have been an engineer."  Then we come back from lunch, start collecting data and the fun is over.

1. A still from my gravity car

2.  My solar powered cave.  We were suppose to make houses, but I've been on a caveMan kick lately.


I also work with kids.  My long term goal is to train volunteer leaders to lead these groups, but finding volunteers is not easy.  So I do programming 3-4 days a week.  All the groups are considered 4h clubs and it was 4h week so many are pictured with this year's theme.

1. Puppet theater


2. Central's lego league, the cyborg narwhals.  (Not pictured is my mfl mar Mac group)

3. My Hyperstream crew learning indesign.


4. These three are all from my technical theater group in Clayton ridge.  

Blood, wrinkles, facial hair and more

Cooking up some breakaway glass


Stage sets for characters they drew out of a hat.  





No comments: