Sunday, October 12, 2014

Jack Skellington has arrived

I very much dislike Elf on a shelf.  For reasons like he is suppose to be caught making mischief in the house and yet he is also watching you to make sure you aren't?   But despite all that I thought of something similar that I actually love, Jack Skellington "on a shelf".  Basically I have a Jack Skellington doll that I pose with notes and supplies for activities that our family can do in preparation for Halloween.  Since the musical is currently in full swing Jack has been delivering some pretty simple activities but they have brought enjoyment to The whole family, which is what I wanted.  Plus, you know me, I love Halloween and this just lets me celebrate the holiday a little more richly.


Activity one- decorate with what we already have.


Activity two- make spider webs out of garbage bags.  A few went on the window to decorate, and a couple went in Link's toy collection so he can pretend to be venom.

Activity three- mummify a stuffed animal.  Link chose to do the cat in the hat.

Activity four- .make ghosts from cheese cloth and styraphoam balls.  Link said the face he drew was like e ghost on Marion kart.  This is him making the face as well.




No comments: