Wednesday, September 11, 2013

S.F. Day Three

I was wrong.  Link slept a full 14 hours.  Then Link and I started our day by going to the Ferry Building to get on a ferry to Sausalito.  We were a little early and to my surprise I was very happy to be.  The ferry building is very cute and filled with stores to occupy our time.  At the bookstore we found very reasonably priced toys and books.  When we returned from our trip Link got a green toy ferry boat and a r2d2 book.

American Cup Race going beyond the Ferry
Sausalito was great.  It was filled wit art galleries.  I loved the Hudson and Bubble gallery.  Another gallery featured hats owned by dr. Seuss including the famous red and white stripe hat.  There were also great clothing shops, of course nothing in plus sizes, but very cute clothes.  Claire's Attic reminded me of Agnes so much.  We had skipped seeing Sausalito when she was with us last year, I'm sorry she wasn't with us this year.  Sausalito has a lot of Italian influence so link and I shared his first real Italian pizza.  He also tried sparkling water, except he really didn't like it.  I think I had the same face on my first sip 12 years ago.  And Link had his first gelato.
Piano Steps
When we returned to the city, we went to Ghiradelli square.  I was thinking about joining the giant line for the trolley until Link informed me that the street car we had just gotten off was a trolley, which it kind of was.  So I'm pretty sure the experience would have been lost on him.  So we went up to Ghiradelli to play with the water fountain, try chocolate samples and grab dinner.  I had been looking forward to going to McCormick & Kluetos since we had gone with Lori way back in 2004 and had the most amazing fish.  However, I was extremely disappointed.  We had a great waiter but overlooked and under seasoned food.  So sad.

On the way back home Link fell on the street car steps a little and I twisted his arm to keep him up so he was in tears.  I pulled out the leftover yucky food (which I only took home because I felt bad for how much I paid for it) and we sat down with the homeless and fed it to the pigeons.  Link was in hysterical fits of laughter with the dance he was making the pigeons do.

We went back to the hotel and Link took a bath with his new Ferry Boat toy.  We watched Kung fu Panda and I fell asleep before Link.



No comments: