Wednesday, September 11, 2013

S.F. Day Four

I had no idea what to do today, but I knew I was craving some good breakfast so Link and I went to the Eagle Nest down at the Pier.  We ate here last year and I remember it being extraordinary and it was again.  We had French toast and egg Benedict with crab cakes.  Yum.  Tuesday is a great day at the Pier, very empty.  We had the carousel all to ourselves and the piano steps. 


To get down to the Pier we waited a very long time for the F, but to our luck there was a chatty local on the train who recommended a place we had never heard of, Musee Mecanique.  The Musee was an arcade of vintage machines.  Most took only a quarter or two.  Link had a blast playing whack a mole, flying the whirly bird, doing an earlier version of rockm sockm robots with metal boxers and all sorts of interesting games.  

When we went back to the hotel we walked around the hotel area to check it out.  We missed dining at Mixt Greens (which I had been excited about) so went across the street for a dessert date of brownie and ice cream.  We also visited the Redwood Forrest Park when Link had fun with the statues and water features.

Our flight the next day was at noon.  An odd time to do anything before hand, but we didn't have to wake early.  We had an easy wait at the SFO and the flight wasn't very booked so I got to sleep three seats long.  Link slept too, unfortunateley during the entire showing of Monster's University.  I watched it though.

Chicago airport was once again Chicago.  Our 7:45pm flight got bumped to 9:45 to 10:50 to 11:45. 
Then gate changes.  Damn, I have to work tomorrow and was planning on dropping of vendors stuff from Whimsy to those who live in Dubuque. 




No comments: