Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 7: Top 10

1. Visiting with Sr Amelia who is my favorite Great Aunt ever. She had a stroke last week, but she was doing awesome when we saw her. No signs of anything.
2. A surprise tax REFUND. We haven't seen one of those in years.

3. Updating the entryway with a hanging light I bought at a garage sale a few years ago. I just recently realized how awesome it would be in this spot. It looks great.
4. Great finds at the CCH rummage sale. Silver chandelier for bathroom $5, apple and worm toy for Link 50¢.

5. Adding a little more Easter to our home. Crafting surprise carrots.6. Dying eggs with natural dyes for the first time. We used berries, onion skins, grass, and cumin. We were most amazed that the red onion skins were a beautiful pink liquid, but the eggs dies this awesome green.

7. Dressing up like 1950 and going to the Lakeside Ballroom dance with Lincoln.
Eating a yummy meal during dance numbers. See more at dishntunes.com

8. Despite never answering me when I ask Link what color something is, today he sits down with his book on colors and reads each page without any help.

9. Reading my friend Claire's blog. I haven't seen her since New Year's Eve when she was pregnant and had little knowledge of what the future held for her family. Now she has a 3 month old with Down Syndrome. The blog is so inspiring, even though it makes me cry after reading each post.

10. An April snow, making me not feel guilty about not having the garden boxes ready yet.

No comments: