Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Beltane


LI must have been a pagan in a past life because when I read anything about holidays and such I'm like, yeah, I know.  I asked a Wiccan friend of mine for some references for festivals and such and she gave me the title, circle round.  I love this book.  And one line that I resonated with were the most important holidays being Halloween and May Day, which just happen to be my two favorite holidays.  

Beltane is another word for May Day and the Mother Earth and green man (Robin Hood) are celebrated as spring arrives and fertility is among us.  This year to really celebrate link and I made May Day baskets and snuck them on doorsteps, read the story of the maypole, did flower identification, left milk out for the fairies and went to a fairy festival with pleasant valley villagers.

Link and his fairy teepee



Building the winter effigy with Daniel rotto



Liz leading the children in songs.  She has a natural talent for this.



The maypole dancers lying under,diamonds in the sky formation


Felix decorated in face paint


Chasing the green man


The daffodil crown I made for myself



No comments: