Monday, July 16, 2012

2012- Week 28

1. Our house is coming along.  The roof is complete and so are the gutters.  We also have lots of new electric.  We have an electric fire alarm system in several rooms, new outlets, a couple new fixtures. And all new windows.

2. We decided to host a foreign exchage student next year.  It has been on my list to do for a while.  Since I will be working in Prairie again next year I don't forsee any big trips or anything and we will be around for a while school year to do this.


3. Tuesday's work was grand.  I attended the 4-H outdoor outing at Wylusing State Park and brought Bryce and Link.  We took Link on his first canoe ride, which he really enjoyed, first fishing outing, which was a little too boring for him, and the whole family's first geocaching adventure.    The lookout point where the Wisconsin River meets the Mississippi is in there.  It is the most gorgeous view of Prairie that I have ever seen.

4.  It rained.  Hallelujah.


5. Bryce and I took turns going to the Opera House to see "The Last Five Years" which our friend Cheri directed and her husband and friend, Erin, acted in.  I'm glad I chose the night I did because I got to see Jackie and Terry Jessen.  Jackie is my confimation sponsor (which means more to me than my Godparents).   I haven't seen them in ages.  It turns out that Erin, who I have never met, is their granddaughter.  The musical was good, nice singing and everything.  Bryce and I both thought the author of the play could have done more character development of Cathy and focused less on the asshole he is/was.

6. Sidewalk Sales at Whimsy Market went well.  My fingers are crossed I can pull this thing together before the end of July.  Moving way too fast.  Link spun the wheel and won $25 chamber bucks so they gave them to me.  I bought a swimming suit from my own store.  Andrea's clothing room has amazing new clothes at great prices and all sizes.  It is truly great having her.

7. Sunday we went swimming at the pool.  This was actually our first time in Elkader.  Last year we just waded in the blow up pool.  We had lots of fun and the song selection was fabulous.

8. I have a couple of deaf students in my art class, which is making me work on remembering some sign language.  I can't believe it has been almost 8 years since I last used it.  I have forgotten so much, but at least one of them is appreciative for me trying.

9. I'm having fun making decorations for Link's superhero party.

10. I guess the last time I was on blogger it didn't save my stuff.  I don't remember what I wrote for number 10.  I was also surprised this wasn't posted last Monday.  Whoops.

No comments: