Saturday, March 19, 2011

Week 4: 10 pieces of inspiration

1. Finished Making a Living Without a Job and I want to read it again and again

2. Received a "Thank You" note from my pastor at Peace for just being me.

3. Bought a spring horse (that doesn't make sound) from a Facebook friend.

4. Had several items of clothes mended by the school FNCS class for free. Taught them skills and was considered a green initiative (encouraging people to reuse clothes they might otherwise toss).

5. Was contacted by and Algerian photojournalist asking for me to pick him at a train station 4 hours away. I was able to find a way to get him here, sheltered, fed, and photographing all without English.

6. Was able to figure out and use the Cricut (I am borrowing for a friend) and the Yudu (I recently purchased) to help with elements of the musical I am directing.
7. Tried and enjoyed a new position.

8. Got to see one of my favorite people. Scott Farmer, visiting home from Perth, Australia.
To top it off we decided to meet at the St. Mary Fish Fry so I got a yummy meal in too.
9. Attended the St. Patrick's parade this year without working it. (No photographing for the paper, no driving in it, just sit back and relax).

10. Sang in the Karaoke Championship. I didn't win, but I felt I sang two songs better than I ever have before. "Leaving on a Jet Plane" Peter, Paul, and Mary version and "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul.

No comments: