Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ladies Night Out


Paula and Hannah, originally uploaded by Shannon Marye.

I am having more and more fun with this group from Monona. Beth is moving away, which is sad since she was my first connection to the group, but I have gotten close enough with them all now to know I belong. This weekend we had a Ladies Night out on Friday which was loads of fun. On Saturday they invited me to an Upper Case party, but I had to decline because I judged speech in Decorah all day. I had Mime, which I thought would be boring, but now that they add music it was rather fun. The group also invited me to a fish fry of fish their men had caught ice fishing, but I had trivia at Schera's which was equally fun. My doula Karin, and her husband Jason came too and it was a great time. We lost again, but Karin and Jason got 2nd. It was Travis' last night at the restaurant before he goes back to New Zeland for school. He was an odd duck, but I enjoyed his company. Sunday I saw the group again as most of them play on a volleyball league with me (although not on my team). Because they just can't stop partying, they invited us to a Super Bowl party which my whole family attended. I really liked the group that was there. I think there is a mix of conservative and liberal mindsets, but we all mesh over children, relationships, and having fun.

No comments: