Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Co-Sleeping with a Crawling, Colicky Baby

Ok, he isn't quite crawling yet, just belly sliding.
Ok, he isn't really colicky, my apologies to those out there with a real colicky child.
But, co-sleeping is getting harder. We usually put Link to sleep first and then work a few hours. Now that he is crawling we often hear a small thump (mattresses are on the floor) or we hear a cry to find him half in bed, half on the floor. I'm not sure how to get Link in the crib being that I always nurse him lying down to get him to sleep and don't move him. If I really needed to I think I could probably devote a few days to trying. I'm not even sure how to lower the thing though and he already knows how to pull himself up. The crib we have is from a daycare that went under so no instructions were provided.
Monday night was our first all nighter. Lincoln caught a small cold. He would wake up in a tantrum because of not being able to breath from snot. The only way I could get him to sleep was holding him up while he rested his head on my shoulder. Great, except I can't sleep sitting up. But, I knew someone who does. I got Bryce down into the recliner and Link sleeping on his chest, after about 1 hour. The next day Bryce asks "How did I end up sleeping on the recliner with Link?"
Mini-tantrums over the last couple of days. Is this because he is sick or a new phase when they start to get mobile? Up until this week, I could have easily had another child. Now, I couldn't see myself being able to handle two of these at the same time.

No comments: