Saturday, September 13, 2014

Another mini

The following weekend after Iowa vacation we had a Minnesota vacation.  We had our annual lake adventure on Zumbro Lake with my cousin Liz and other Arlington peeps, Dani and Becky.  But first we needed to go up to Minneapolis for my college friend, Debbie Monn's wedding on Harriet Island.

The wedding was fantastic.  I saw college friends like Nikki and Lacy and had a blast.  Debbie is super creative and the wedding was top notch.  First of all the pastor started with "mawwige" from the Princess Bride and continued to recite the whole speech.  Then he said some great things about Debbie and Paul.  I rare enjoyed their self-written vows which included, "I promise to do my part to make our marriage fun."  

Their guest book was a photo booth.  Two strips were printed and scrapbook pages were made to glue one of them down on and sign.  The food was prime rib and ravioli and lots of yummy goodness.  Link loved the cake which had the couple represented as a sloth and a squirrel.  He also made his own dance up called dog chase where he was on all fours and chased lights.  








Back in Zumbro Falls we came home to drunk and obnoxious drama and life behavior.  The boys went to bed and I stayed up at the campfire.  Each night everyone ripped on Lewis about what an asshole of a husband he is to my cousin, Liz, and he is but I didn't feel like joining in since the other husbands were doing such a good job of schooling him.  The next day we were out on the pontoon all day.  Link did stellar, even floating on an innertube which is huge for my water shy boy.  Bryce and I both tried jet skis for the first time.  Felix was happy to go to anyone, which makes me joyous.  Liberty especially loved him.  Of course no photos from the boat since we didn't want to get anything wet.  I took Link on a four wheeler ride, which I hadn't done since I flipped one doing 40 mph and broke my upper arm.  I was a bit nervous but we had fun.














No comments: