Monday, August 11, 2014

Mini Vacation- Day 3

On Sunday we relaxed in our cool hotel and checked out at 11.  Also in the East Village and on my to do list: Zombie Burger and Drink Lab.  We got there right as it opened.  There was already a line to get in, but we were the last people to be seated before there was a wait.  If you noticed from the State Fair post I didn't write much about fair food.  The reasoning behind this is because finding food when I don't know where it is makes me irritable.  So we ate what was nearby.  However, Zombie was having a fair special.  So I got my burger with fried pickles on it (my fav fair food) and I got my funnel cake in the form of a shake.  Link got a cinnamon toast crunch shake after eating his kids meal.  It was a really neat place and they played the theme just right.  

After lunch we walked over to Raygun to look at their cool clothes.  (I used to carry them at Whimsy. )
Bryce got sales rack shorts and a t and Link got a t he liked so much he put it on right away.  It says, "you've cat to be kitten me right meow"



Final stop, Blank Park Zoo.  Link got a free pass from the reading program at the library this summer. So we just had to pay for adults, $11 each.  We also bought a kids pass for rides.  Link rode the train, carousel, camel, and fed the giraffes.  This zoo was great for a first memory zoo.  I was small but had only the best animals.  Sure it was missing a few favorites, but not much.  We started with kangaroos and ended with rhinos.  Oddly enough everyone in the family had animals on their shirt except me.  And two of the three had animals that matched zoo animals.  So I had to get pictures of that.










No comments: