Monday, July 21, 2014

July- first half

July started with two great art camps and some great connections.  Not only did the kids have fun but I made friends and now am meeting with some artist's regularly to have an art in the park celebration.


Here is Mary Harstad going through her origami creations


Somebody turned a half a year old.  WAYYYYY too fast.


Independence Day was great.  We spent the night at Dustin and Vahida's in Independence to be present at the parade which started at 9 AM!  It went right in front of their house so we had prime seating.  Throughout the day we listened to the bands playing, grilled out, the kids went and did the bouncy games.  Link and Diana went through the army challenge about 20 times.  But my favorite part was the fireworks.  Felix had been spooked all day by the practice shots so I took him up to the guest bedroom and we watched from the window.  He was mesmerized and the moment was so picturesque with the fireworks exactly framed in the window and Felix sitting at the window.





I was asked last minute to photograph a wedding in Elkader.  It was pretty simple so no special photos.  I did love that her maid of honor was her grandma (and my childhood neighbor) Ila Mae Rau.



I've a new obsession.  Scallops.  They are so quick and delicious.  Even Link loves them.


Cindy B taught a preservation class.  I am inspired to do more dehydrating and hot water bath can.  Still afraid of that pressure cooker.


We poured some more cement at our house, elongating our back patio.  Hopefully we will add a pergola sometime for shade.

My family rocks.




No comments: