Sunday, May 25, 2014

May

We spent a lot of time at seed savers this month, getting seeds, seedlings, and attending trish's concert in the barn for her new cd release.  She asked me to sing backup on a few songs and I couldn't have been more honored.  What a great album she has put together and what a great show.
Link had fun in the sandbox and willow huts.



On Mother's Day Thyne said hello.  We went to our annual celebration with my moms family.  Love my children.



The book Bryce illustrated is finished.  He did a great job and even got a compliment from John Hodgman.



Felix learned to roll over.  He also took a bath with Link.


On my birthday weekend we went to Mount Vernon to eat at the Lincoln Cafe but found it is now the Palisades Cafe, which was equally good and still focused on local food.  We also checked out the cute little town which was full of creative stores and ideas.  






We also went to see Grant Wood's studio in Cedar Rapids.  I guess this is what my face looks like when Link is being awful.  And we finished up our day with dinner at Newbo Market and fun on the lawn.



Spring is here and so are my favorite spring foods.  We always get a couple of morels in our yard.  Thanks Mother Earth for the nice gift.  We have asparagus and rhubarb growing this year and of course lots of dandelions.  Here is a photo of dandy bread Link and I made.










No comments: