Friday, March 7, 2014

I have a perfect body, though sometimes I forget

I have a perfect body because my eyelashes catch my sweat.   -Regina Spektor

I've had body issues forever.  (thanks mom, grandma, high schoolers and media)
I also realize there are some things I really like about my body.
I'm not a big complainer of my body, but I make the occasional "my calves are too big for boots."
However I rarely make the "I love my teeth" comment.

So let's do it.

I love my teeth.  With average care I have great dentist appointments.  Never a cavity.
They are straight without braces.  I have no wisdom teeth.  I love my teeth.

I love my hair.  I have thick hair with waves.  It holds curls and straightening well.
Over the course of my life I have naturally experienced every natural hair color, except gray which is coming.  I can go almost 3 weeks without washing it and no one can tell.  I love my hair.

I love the eyebrows that need no maintenance.

I love the hazel eye color that lets me experience many shades.

I love the dimples that make my smile bright.

I love the tiniest cleft in my nose and chin.

I love my breasts.  I love thier size and their wondrus ability to produce milk.

I love the length of my body.  A happy 5'5,

I love my freckly shoulders.

I love my smooth back.

I love my vagina and its ability to stretch and heal and tighten and just do a whole slew of amazing things.

I love my voice.  I love that it can match almost any pitch.  That with practice it becomes something people like to listen to.  That it can soothe my baby with one word.

I love my strong leg muscles.  That I can slide a piece of furniture it took 6 strong men to move by myself using my legs.

I love my hands and their abilities.

I love my body temperature, which is comfortable almost everywhere.

No comments: