Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weekend Review 7



1.  Season two of House of Cards came out and I watched all of it.  So good.


2.  Tried my hand at two new recipes of food I adore.  I made Philly cheesesteak sandwiches and London fog tea latte.  Both were very easy and will be added to the list of things I make more than one time.

3. Thursday there was no school due to thunderstorms and blizzard warnings.  I went over to he school and finished the backdrop and called Barb to go look at costumes at the opera house.  I found everything I needed and more.  After finding what I wanted Barb said "you know, verna made some aquatic costumes for a middle school show."  She had like 20 fish costumes and such.  I'm set.  All I have left is Ariel.

4.  Green poop.  That's not supposed to happen.  Constipation.  That's not suppose to happen on a totally breast fed diet.  I think a lot of Felix's crankiness comes from intestinal discomfort.  I'm checking to see if it is a dairy sensitivity.  Man this little guy puts me on a lot of diets.

5.  Lunch with Joleen Jansen at Treats ended up quite an event when Katie Weideman (a local news reporter) walked in the door.  They were doing a piece about the propsed year round calendar.  I guess Joleen and Katie are both Dubuque natives who went to Coe, etc, so they know a lot of the same people.  Afterwards we talked about dishntunes and what the next step is.  I am suggesting just a marketing company.

6.  Got the car washed in Decorah.  The place behind quick star has guys that come out and scrub it for you.  Since I was over there I also checked out the Maurice's.  Then I realized I had cash on me and went to the Depot.  Felix and I both got great new sweaters.  Total=$2.75.  I adore that place.  Bryce and I were talking about 5 and 10 year dreams and I am interested in having a baby store in Decorah.  We looked at realty sights to get an idea for commercial and residential costs and I saw that the GameStop building and business is for sale.  I totally want it, but it's wrong time/wrong place type of thing.  We also saw some barn houses that are already made that are totally in our price range.  I have a feeling that in order to make my husband happy we won't be living in the country again.  :(

7. Every year I want to lose weight on my belly and thighs, but every time I look at a picture it is my arms that I notice.  They are just so flabby they make any chest up picture reveal my weight.  I wanted to try the wraps that lots of my friends are selling but they don't allow use when breast feeding, which makes me wonder what toxin is in them.  So I bought a couple of hand weights and have been doing some lifting very night for a month now.  I'm not noticing any visible signs yet, but I can feel muscle growth.


8.  This week is the week Felix really started interacting with us.  Smiles and talking in a row rather than random.  His favorite thing to smile at is Link.


9. The boys and I went to Walmart on Friday for some supplies and a gift for Bryce's birthday.  It was slippery and a semi hit a bridge right in front of us.  We were a few semis behind but my car wouldn't stop.  There was already a semi on the outer edge so I had to op for oncoming traffic.  Fortunately there wasn't any and we stopped safely.  Minus the harsh words the boys had to hear.  We also grabbed lunch at the Mexican restaurant and our waiter was named Felix.



10. For Bryce's birthday I had link use $5 of his to pick out a gift.  He chose a burger press.  We also made a book for Bryce with pictures and words by lin and we used pipe cleaners and straws to make ninja figures.  They have been playing with them non stop.

No comments: