Saturday, February 15, 2014

Weekend Review 6

1.  Link got a pull and peel twizzler for washing his hair in the tub, even though he was scared.  He had more fun with that Twizzler than anyone I have seen.  He made snakes, a snake tongue, knots, a Lany and the Tramp spaghetti, and laughed whole heartedly at Bryce saying "I've gotta split" before tearing it apart.

2. On Monday as we were getting ready for Kinderhaus, Link was complaining about his eye and wouldn't take his hand off it.  When I finally pried his hand off and looked I saw an object and lots of bloodshotness so I had Bryce take him to the ER.  They had to restrain him in a sheet to get to his eye, but they removed just an eyelash and said it may be an infection, so he got drops and an order to not go to Kinderhaus (grr)

3.  I went to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, which is really great (minus one moment which was just too weird for my taste).  Bryce and I went solo at different times.  I also rented Dallas Buyer Club.  Now that movie I would give either best picture, best actor or best supporting actor.  Very good movie. And on Wednesday I went to Decorah with Felix and saw American hustle.  Her was in the theater Tuesday but I missed it.  I thought American Hustle was good, but could have used a little more umpf.

4.  On Saturday I showed Link how to make donuts the way my mom use to make them with me (using Pilsbury biscuits).  We had a lot of fun.

5.  Link got another 50 tickets in his jar for helping out.  He earned Darth Vader lego figure.  Now he is hoping for Indiann (as he calls him).


6. We did Valentines at the library and Link had a valentine party on Thursday at Joan's.  I planned a few activities for Friday, but we didn't do them because someone at Joan's exchanged with them all the stomach flu.  I heard that all 7 families were up at night with a puking child.


7. Bryce and I had our date canceled since we now had a feverish, puking kid.  The poor little guy.  Fortunately Bryce and I stayed well.  After my little pity party, I decided to try to make things better by getting Bryce and I a dinner from Johnson's and bringing it home.  Well, that didn't go so well either.  They told me to pick it up in 20 min, then when I got there they had forgot to put the order in.  I returned home 45 min later to two crying kids.  But Bryce made my day with a genuine, "your really beautiful, even with however many day old baby spit up in your hair."

8. I actually have kids willing to help with set this year.  They have put in a lot of hours but was are still miles away from getting done.  I also did a run though on Friday without scripts and they all did really well.  I think they surprised themselves.

9. This week I tried baking bacon and hard boiled eggs.  The eggs I liked, the bacon I still prefer fried.

10. More snow. I think I may be the only person who still finds beauty in the glittery moonlight,  I would say our yard has over a foot, maybe two in it.

No comments: