Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Review 5

1. Saturday had a lot of activity in it.  I went to the 4-H prom dress shop.  I didn't buy anything but they did really well.   The Extension sent a package to us with 4-H swag.  Link is crammed into a 18 month shirt for this picture.


2. We went to Central's carnival.  I was suppose to work doing tattoos but there were already people there so I skipped.  Link played games for a while and then we went home.  No show for us this year.

3.  I made my own saurkraut and cream of something soup.  I really enjoy figuring out how to make my own food rather than buying cans.  I would love a whole pantry or freezer of homemade food, but that will take some time.

4. Link had a Kinderhaus half birthday.  Now he thinks he should be wearing 4 and half T clothing.
We missed morning session because the car wouldn't start, but in the afternoon they made cake and then Bryce and I came at the end to show photos of Link.  He walked around a candle for every year of his like and then a birthday book was read.  He was really excited about what I shared.  The kids wanted to take Link's photos home with them.

5. We changed Link's car seat to booster seat.  This is much more helpful when trying to buckle him in or get him out along with Felix.  He is old enough and big enough.  It was one of those things where we had just stop paying attention to.  (Like when Sawyer was sitting in a high chair when he was 3 or 4.)

6. Friday I had to go to the Waterloo Playhouse to rent some costumes for the Little Mermaid.  I found a few mermaid tail outfits and a bird.  The Music Boosters are offering to pay for this.  I also went to Hobby Lobby to get some props which is right near Scratch Cupcakes so I had to get some of those.  Then just because I had time in the day and a good baby with me I went to Target and went through their clearance aisles.  Link and Felix both got some new clothes.  Pants were $1.50.  I love it when I find brand new clothing that is cheaper than used.

7.  I updated my shop at the Turkey River Mall a little.  It is hard when I need a second hand and either Bryce and I have to be on baby duty.  I feel like I am doing most things one handed already so needing 4 hands is almost impossible.  I'm making no money right now, but it is the dry season and the weather is frightful, so I am going to wait it out for maybe a year to see if it is a good fit for me.

8. I rented Captain Phillips.  It was pretty good.  I wouldn't give it Best Picture but I can see why it is a nominee.  I really liked the ending.  It was very true to life.  It wasn't the "Yay, we did it!" or "Yay, I made it."  Instead Phillips went into shock which is exactly what most people would do.

9. Musical practice is coming along.  I had the 4-H theater club join us on Wednesday.  Believe it or not but there are still some actors I haven't even seen yet.  Their schedule is that crazy.

10. I don't have a photo of it, but Felix has been smiling a lot this week.  Unfortunately most of it has been directed at his bouncy chair friends, a plain blue wall, and his brother.  I'm a little jealous.

No comments: