Sunday, February 2, 2014

Weekend Review 4

1. Grandma Betsy and Grandpa Jim came to visit over the weekend.  Link was snuggling up on them just as much as Felix, who slept a good chunk of the time.  We didn't do much because it was a bit nasty outside.


2. Like this nasty.  At some points you couldn't even see the houses across the street.  -23 degrees.

3. I'm slowly starting to get a routine down, but it is one that does not involve working and Link staying home (He has had 1 full day of Kinderhaus this month due to weather and illness).  Link and I have been having some fun and we have both added some chores to our day. I am cooking and cleaning and launder-ing every day a little bit rather than letting things pile up.  Link is putting his clothes down the laundry shoot and emptying the silverware from the dishwasher.

4. I am taking a tip from other moms and trying this "putting kids to bed before we go to bed" thing.  Link was extra tired on Monday so it worked out well.  He went to bed at 7 pm and Bryce and I had time to snuggle up on the couch together and watch The Apartment (which is a great old black and white film) on Netflix.  

5. Link takes his time with everything and I always feel like I am rushing him, so I am trying to be better and spread things out.  Thus, we are working on Valentines in increments.  It has been a process but we are almost done.

6. Link and Felix and I spent Tuesday out and about.  We went to story hour.  April brought her kiddos too so it was a party.  Then we went to Pizza Hut.  Buffets with one parent, one child who can't see over the counter, and one newborn don't really work.  Link did a great job at being by himself while I changed Felix in the bathroom.  I was a little nervous.  He also was a great help when we went to the store.

7. We missed three days of musical practice and had one on Friday night.  I choreographed one dance and am now working on three more.  Well, actually I am just teaching choregoraphy.  I am stealing each and every dance from youtube and I don't care one bit.  I need things as easy as possible.

8.  I caught up on two Downton Abbeys and Sherlock.  I guess I was two behind on Downton.

9. I'm having some pretty big mood shifts.  Karin stopped by the other day and I was able to share with her.  Bryce is an absolute saint dealing with me, that is when he is not being the bane of my existence.  See. ;)

10.  We had a photo session with Jen.  It was pretty rough, but we have seen one photo and it looks good, so hopefully there are more in the batch.  Here are some of our gems from the week.



No comments: