Friday, February 14, 2014

Dateless

One of the biggest things I regret not doing before having Felix was taking another baby-moon.  Before Link was born Bryce and I went to New Orleans and had a blast.  Last year Link was at the age we could have taken off for the weekend and it could have just been Bryce and I.  I forgot how I took Link everywhere when he was little.  And it didn't matter that much, but now with two kids it does because there is never a private moment.

Bryce's (and Link's) ideal place is home, mine is somewhere I have never been.  Just like how Bryce has 4-5 dinners he like to make and mine is something I have never cooked before.  I get depressed when I feel like I have spent too long somewhere doing the same things.

Anyway, all of this to say we were planning on having a big Valentine's Day today.  Going someplace new, a new restaurant, a new art gallery, and a new movie.  It was all lined up.  But Link threw up all last night.  And my mother who rarely babysits was asked to babysit twice this week and her response was "Wednesday and Friday!?!?"  Needless to say I didn't use her either time.  I thought grandmas were suppose to be excited to spend time with their grandchildren, especially such a great kid like Link.  Oh well.

At least Bryce got me a card.  Or ran out and got one when I was at play practice, after already getting his card this morning.

Bah-Humbug

1 comment:

Bryce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.