Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 goals completed and not


The categories are listed 1-12, so I can do one each month from each category

Lifestyle Changes
1. Drink pop only one day a week (if at all). 
I haven't kept a lot of track, but being pregnant helped significantly
2. Stop eating fast food completely (or less than 1x a month)
Again, not completely sure what I am averaging, but I think it is less than 1x a month
3. Learn to make my own cheese
I did this with a bunch of kids at camp, now to just get it to be a part of our own life
4. Make a worm tea bin
5. Get rid of everything under the kitchen sink (chemicals)
Reverse decision.  Some chemicals I just like better then homemade (like Windex), but for the most part things are gone and replaced
6. Learn to use the pressure canner for vegetables
7. Get rid of everything we can in the bathroom (chemicals)
Same as 5.  Using essential oils for most ailments, but some products still there
8. Purchase an animal (processed)
9. Stop using shampoo and conditioner
I did this for a few months, then I went back to shampoo and conditioner.
10. Get a cleaning schedule in action
11. Have another baby, if possible
Almost there.
12. REDUCE (sell as much stuff as I can that I don't use)
I have taken much more advantage of buy, sell, trade sites.

House Goals
1. Put closet in bedroom
Could enclose it, but for the most part calling it good.
2. Put up shutters
Have done on front of house
3. Put up kitchen shelving
Got one wall done and still deciding what to do with the rest
4. Put in upstairs shower
Just finished this week.  Need a couple more parts to call it complete.
5. Paint the rest of the guest room
6. Clean siding
7. Get new front door
8. Put in a back patio
9. Fence in play area
10. Get a new floor in the kitchen
11. Redo the stairs/stairway
Still working on, but halfway there
12. Set up a better recycling area

Art Goals
1. Finish mosaic
2. Illustrate my children's book
3. Take a class toward getting my art ed license again
4. Make an artist chair
5. Create a photo tour of my town
6. Record a song or short cd
7. Pinterest DIY yarn
8. Pinterest DIY sewing
9. Pinterest DIY paper
10. Pinterest DIY glass
11. Pinterest DIY wood
12. Pinterest DIY wreath

Financial Goals
1. Get and set up quick books
2. Create a will or revocable trust
3. Put $3000 in Link's savings account
4. Learn about the stock market
5. Set up a Roth IRA/retirement 

6. Get another part time job or small side job
I got an almost full time job, which is helping with debt, but not sure how long I want to keep it.
7. Have all credit card debt below $8000
Just below combining the two.  
8. Have Bryce switch to Veridian Credit Card
9. Have Bryce do some continuing ed for job
10. Have Bryce get a raise
It appears to be built into his work
11. Look into further assistance
12. Pay of a loan completely

Random goals without a timeline
1. Read the Grant Wood book and visit locations
Need to do the trip
2. Read the El Kader book and write play
3. Make a photo album from high school stuff
4. Make a photo album from college stuff
5. Enter a project at the county fair
6. Take lessons on the auto harp
7. Go to a Quaker meeting in Decorah
8. Visit the Mosque in Cedar Rapids
9. Plant a tree for Link
Not sure if it will grow but it is in the ground.
10. Get Lasik
11. Get my passport
12. Learn metrics



No comments: