Sunday, August 11, 2013

Rochester Weekend

This weekend we made our annual trip up to Rochester, MN to stay with my cousin Liz.  Dani and Todd's family always comes too and this year so did Becky Hickson and her family.

Friday we had a midwife appointment in Decorah.  Then we ate at the Old Armory BBQ again and headed up to Rochester.  When we got there Liz and Lewis were ready to take us out to the bar.  I was a little nervous about leaving Link since the oldest child was only 12 and there were plenty of other children to distract them, but he did excellent.  So excellent that even fulfilled a lifetime dream (for a 4 year old) of sleeping in a tent.  He was already asleep when we got home.  We slept inside and I kept the window open so I could hear him if he woke up.  At 6 am I heard kids playing outside but didn't hear his voice.  When I finally got myself out of bed I saw him walking around with a toy as if he was one of the lost boys.  When I called to him to say good morning he looked surprised and said "I didn't know you came back."

Saturday we spent all day in the pontoon.  Link wanted to get in the water, but was nervous.  I jumped in for him to come with me, but he only made it down a couple of ladder steps.  He fell asleep for an hour or more on the boat and when he woke up he had more enthusiasm.  He went on the jet ski with Lewis and sat on Dani's lap in the intertube.  Then he wanted more jet skiing.  Todd even let Link be his co-pilot on the ride back to shore.


We had a campfire that night but by 10 we were all in bed. 

No comments: