Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 13- 2013

Monday- It was Extension week so Tammy and I put a slide show on the tv and put it in the window. In the evening I went to a presentation on food tourism in Wisconsin and of course now I add agritoirism to my life goals and I have an appetite for unique designing experiences like mad.


 Tuesday-Link and I got our hair trimmed. Then we got ice cream for being so good getting our hair cut.  We went to Prairie to a skatepark meeting then to Walmart and Link convinced me to leave him in the car with a new toy he got. I just had three things to get, but of course when I came back he was crying.

Wednesday- Wrapped up work and packed.  Link had daycare.  I love this photo because it shows how much he doesn't like to get messy.  I would be like the little girl in the front.

Thursday- Spent all day driving to Ohio. The highlight was a stop in Galesburg, IL. We ate at the Landmark Creperie (a favorite stop) and visited their cute shops like the Calico Cat.  We got in late to Columbus.  Enough to give hugs to Bryce's parents and go to bed.



Friday- I started by taking Agnes to Easton, Ohio. She got her prom dress. She also took me to Sophoria, which I had never been to before. It's a make up concept store. I loved it. We also went to Victoria Secret and almost shoplifted. We walked out of the store forgetting we had something with us, we were not caught, but we caught ourselves and went back in to pay. By the time we got back to Bryce's parents all his brothers and sisters and their families had arrived.  Betsy made her famous pizza that night and Mason helped. 

Saturday- Easter at Durbins. We had a great meal, egg hunt in the back yard, went to the park, had family photos.  The usual.  Teresa had been gone much of the day before to be with her mom at the hospital and Chris was working in Texas, but overall it was fun to see everyone.

Sunday- We stayed the day as the family slowly left to catch planes back home.  After such a cold snowy winter it was nice to see Spring.  

Monday- We spent all day driving home. This time the highlight was in Indianapolis, IN.   Bryce chose our dinning location to be Goose The Market and it was amazing.  It's a specialty meat and cheese deli that is very much like Italy (we even had gelato).  I had a tongue sandwich that blew my mind.  There was also a great looking children's museum nearby, that we didn't go to, but is on our radar for next time. I was very engrossed in "The Unschooling Handbook" while driving.  I am a big fan.  We already are doing it so we might as well continue.  I do see some rearranging of our house a little though so that Link has more access to educational materials.  Here is his name.  He is getting really good at signing it. 

 

1 comment:

Cheri said...

Way to go on the name, Link!! I'm finally getting Taryn interested in her name, too! Before, she would only write a "T" and then say, "I'm done."

Also.... I've heard the Indianapolis children's museum is AMAZING! We go to the one in Bloomington, IN when we visit my sister and everyone there says Indianapolis is the best one they've ever visited!