Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Week 10 - 2013

Choreography Practice
Monday- I finally had my melt down.  Play practice was canceled again, even though there was no snow on Monday night.  And then Tuesday was called off so another no practice.  At this point, I just want to be done.  I am almost numb when thinking about it.  Actually I can't think about it or it is all I think about.  I have some really big negative nellies this year.  But, bringing tears to my eyes, former students who have graduated have started e-mailing me saying really nice things to me.  I think one of my actors, Keaton, may have put them up to it, but it still feels great.

Silver Linings Playbook.
Tuesday- I was in my pajamas all day.  In fact, I didn't even put a bra on to go to the movie theater.  Bryce and I saw Silver Linings Playbook.  We loved it.  It put us both in a great mood.  Agnes went sledding with friends.  I was a ticked because I tried to have practice Monday night and parents called the principal to tell them they were concerned about their kids saftey (when it didn't even snow until 3 am), and those exact same kids got to drive out to Osborne in a blizzard to snow.  Priorities people.  But I let Agnes go anyway, because she has been such a trooper for me.  She stands up for my directing even when her friends complain.

Wednesday- I started my day with an eye appointment, followed by a make-up chiro appointment from the day before.  My rib is still out of place, but hopefully does some good.  Might have to go again though.  Then I went to the Food Service Directors meeting in Seneca.  It was good to finally meet with the Directors and hear them talk all together. 

I love this guy.  Mike Draper from Raygun.
Thursday- I went to EntreFest in Cedar Rapids.  I had gone before in Dubuque, this year it was at the hotel at Kirkwood (which is a very impressive hotel).  I was a little disappointed this year that there was so much focus on start-ups and economic development this year and not as much on small businesses, but I really enjoyed the keynote speakers.  Especially Mike Draper from Raygun shirts.  I have been a fan of his work since his first year of production.  And he was very cool, humble, and funny.

Leave it to my husband to come home with just this photo.  He delights in the obscure.
Friday- Bryce and Link went to Diana's birthday party, but Agnes and I stayed back for play practice.  It seems like about every four year old I know has a birthday this week. 

Saturday- I spent the day at Starmont judging Poetry and Prose.  It was really good.  It is funny how some people who do poetry think there is a rise and fall to each poem.  We went to Schera's when we got back.   Frederique gave me a free piece of cheesecake because of my nice article in inspire[d] magazine.  It's on page 35: http://issuu.com/inspired_media/docs/spring13_inspiredbook_web 

Ready for the pARRRty.
Sunday- I started my day working at the omelet brunch for the Extension.  After that I put Link down for a nap and had one myself.  Bryce woke us up to go to Declan Finley's party.  It was held at his dad's pub.  It was amazing, the games, photo shoot, and cake.  Trisha went all out.
Link decided that the parrot costume was his favorite.




No comments: