Monday, September 24, 2012

2012- Week 38

1. Gabe Martin-Hiner's Birthday Party was on Sunday.  The theme was "Knights."  This kids designed their own shields and Jason (Gabe's Dad) made some great games like lancing and archery.  They even dressed the part.

2. Agnes had a sleep over on Saturday night.  Laura (the German exchange student) came over.  The girls had fun making chocolate covered strawberries and hanging out in their room.  We had a great breakfast conversation over French Toast and Coconut Syrup.

3. Bryce, Link, and I went to see a Simon and Garfunkel show at the Opera House.  It was a very nice show and it made me appreciate the duo even more than I already did, which was a lot.  Link was good through the show and ended up falling asleep in the second half.

4.  Friday I had a great meeting with Kathleen, Jane, Amy and Tarasa in Prairie.  It was about the future collaboration of grants and what not for Farm.  I loved it, but I couldn't tell if I was shaking from excitement or caffeine.

5.  Link started gymnastics and tap dance.  He really enjoys both.  Somersaults are still a little scary for him.  But he loves jumping and doing heel/toe.

6. I was at Whimsy Market a lot this week.  We had an After 5 on Wednesday night which went well. I rearranged and got in new inventory from Reality Check that I am excited about.  Cassey, my new renter, is proving to be a valuable resource for display and all sorts of ideas.

7. First Day of Fall was this week.  The low temps are scaring everyone for this winter.

8. Guttenberg Garage Sales were on Saturday.  I got a few items, my favorite being a nicely painted table I got for $15 that fit perfectly at the store.

9.  The Mud Run happened while I was gone.  The event tripled in attendance this year.  I feel it was largely due to my marketing campaign, which makes me proud.  (And if it would have not tripled I would have also blamed my marketing campaign, so I don't feel bad taking credit for it when it is positive as well.)

10. Got a lot of compliments on photos I took of Amber's wedding.

No comments: