Tuesday, September 4, 2012

2012- Week 35



1. This week I spent a lot of time meeting with school lunch ladies.  Man, do they have a lot on their plate.  The guidelines change a lot and they have to keep careful track of everything and put up with people complaining non-stop.  This year no only do they have a minimum number of fruits and veggies, etc, they also have a max of proteins and carbs.  So they can't have peanut butter sandwiches as an alternative if they are already serving chicken sandwiches and a bean salad, for example.  Our Farm 2 School positions are in place to help them out with what they do.

2.  We introduced the rock jar to Link. We give him a rock for doing something nice and take one away for throwing a fit.  He filled it up during the week so we went to the Burger Barn. 

3. I went to yoga at the fitness center.  Talia is the instructor and she is really cool.  Friday they kayaked to Motor Mill to do yoga in the Blue Moon.  I didn't go but that makes me think of the class as 100x cooler.  I forgot Yoga worked so many muscles.

4. Cassey K decided to join Whimsy Market.  I am really excited.  She is really excited.  I hope it will be a great match.

5. Link and I had hair appointments on Wednesday.  He got his cut, I got mine dyed.  It is funny how much hair color can bring out hair cuts.  Tons of people at play practice asked me if I had just gotten an undercut.  I told them it had been since February and they were shocked.

6. We took Agnes to the Mall of America.  She was in heaven.  In fact she kept singing "Heaven is a place on earth."

7. We went to IKEA and got some shelving for our kitchen.  Almost there.
8.  About 2 days before we went to the MOA, April A from Monona e-mailed me, not even knowing that we were going to the Mall saying that at Link's b-day party Autumn caught a package of tickets at the parade that had full price tickets to the MOA's mini golf, aquarium, amusement park and more and she wanted to split them with us since it was Link's party she got them at.  She happened to be at the MOA the same time we were so we met up with them and got the tickets.  So we did all those things.
9.  We stayed with Debbie.  I love that girl so much. 

10.  I made some great purchases at the mall.  Agnes did too.  Link and Bryce spent most their times on the rides.  I was surprised with how fearless Link was. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aw, thanks! I love you too! It was so great seeing you and the family. I can't believe how big Link is!