Wednesday, August 8, 2012

2012- Week 31

I got lost in the business of the month, so this week will also include some 2 week old highlights that are new to you.

1. Link turned 3.  We had a great super hero birthday party at our house on Saturday followed by the Sweet Corn Days parade.  We followed it up with a family party at my parents on Sunday.


2.  Aunt Amy and I threw Amber a Pampered Chef party.  She had to cook the meal for us.  Amy made a chef hat with a veil that was awesome. 

3.  I took over Whimsy Market as a sole proprietor.  Already had one heartache.  I had a girl from Strawberry Point who owned a store say she was going in with me.  We cleared a space and put her on the calendar to work.  She never came.  She hasn't answered a call or an e-mail.  So now I have 2 spaces to rent out and no workers.

4.  We packed up our entire house and we are now on the way to living in a hotel for 8 days while they work on several projects.  And then they pushed it back a week so we have been living in utter chaos. 

5. We went to Micky's birthday party.  She turned 5.  We also met my high school friend's (Kate) son, Abraham.  Fun to have an Abraham and a Lincoln together.
Abraham
Lincoln


6.  I applied for the AmeriCorps Farm to School position through the Extension Office where I work, only with a different department and I got it.  So starting in August 19 I will be part-time.  Yippee.  And I will be focused on being the connection between local farmers getting their food into the school cafeterias.  This position has a 4 year possibility.

 7. We are scheduled to get a foreign exchange student next week.  Agnete is 17 and from Norway.

8. Charles Schiller passed away.  I met Charles before I met his daughter, Leslie, who is now a good friend of mine.  Charles wrote for the paper, he currated the 1st art show Bryce and I were in, in Elkader, he was a volunteer in my art program, he was my reference on many a resume, he was just a great person who loved culture.  He went to McCalister and loved talking about the Twin Cities with me, even though we went to college 50 years apart.  I will miss him dearly. 

9. With all the big things happening right now it is hard to remember the little things, like a good lunch, etc.  But I did try the Chicken Salad at Simply and I about fell off my chair it was so good.

10. COTR donated $500 to the skatepark in exchange for us having volunteers to work the water/pop booth.




No comments: