Saturday, June 30, 2012

2012- Week 26

 1. Sent out Link's birthday invitations.

2. Bryce, Link and I saw Brave.  Very scary for an almost 3 year old, but a beautiful story none-the-less.  Bryce's ex-girlfriend (Fran) is in the credits under "cloth artists."  He thinks her hair might have been inspiration for the character's curls.

3. The community school garden in Prairie has been really fun.  It looks great, we have so many fun things planted (including mint).  And I totally have a girl crush on a 25-year-old who just started volunteering there. She has dreads, some great piercings and tattoos, a heart for volunteering.  She even helped with Art Camp one day when no one else could.

4. Monona girls had a night out on Friday.   We ate at Mulligans and then went to see Magic Mike, which was actually decent, not just craziness.  Then we went to Paula's house for drinks and conversation.

5. Sadness has filled my heart.  I learned this weekend that Chris Hadley did get another job and is moving to Delhi.  I won't be working with him on another high school musical or see him around town.  I will miss him lots.

 6. I had my last week with traveling art camp.  This week in Gay's Mills.  I always thought Gay's Mills would be somewhere I might want to live because there is a co-op and lots of homeschooling and some off the grid communes.  The kids were all great and so were there parents, but I had plenty of interactions with uptight adults that really turned me off, including the director of the community kitchen, worker at the co-op, etc.

7. We have movement on our house.  A new roof is going on as I type.  Bryce and I had to cover everything in the attic in this heat.  It seriously felt like we were in a way turned up sauna for over an hour.  Super sweaty. 

8.  Bryce has a doctors appointment for his health insurance enrollment and ObamaCare bill was passed.  He took Link with him and then went to Decorah for another co-worker Friday.

9. We applied to host a foreign exchange student.  This has been on my wish list to do for a long time and with our house being fixed I am encouraged to do so.

10.  A classmate of mine, Dan, the brother of Amanda Meyer (one of my bridesmaid) died this week at 32.  He lost his battle with depression.  He was one of the kindest people I knew.  It had me thinking a lot about depression this week and how when someone dies from the disease we deal with it different than any other disease, placing blame on people and situations rather than the disease.  My heart goes out to his wife.

No comments: