Sunday, June 24, 2012

2012- Week 25

Hot, yet beautiful week.  In need of rain.
1. On Monday we went to our former neighbors new home and had dinner.  Kim and Ryan have no children, but recently acquired a toy box with toys from a friend who was reducing.  Link went right to them.  We made pizza pies on the fire and had fruit salad and lemon bars.  So great.  Good conversation too.

2. Made some bath paints for Link with shaving cream and food coloring.  FINALLY got him to wash his hair without crying when I painted his hair and he said "Get it out!"


Gabe on clay day.
 3. Art Camp in Wauzeka this week.  New group of kids.  Grew on me just the same.  Joeann Tesar was our guest artist at art camp on Thursday.  The kids had so much fun, when there parents came they were all wondering why they had shown up so early.


Jason and Coos on the slide.
4. We took in the summer solstice with Sadie and Jason (+Stella and Coos) at the Burger Barn.  The weather was perfect, on the verge of a storm that wouldn't start until after dark.

5. I have continued going to Crawford County on the Move.  Jane, who I work with, leads the group.  Since Shelley hurt her knee last time Jane ran with me, which was a lot of fun.  We also talked in the group about adding more fruits and veggies.  I have decided that if I make meals as if someone is going to be a guest I think more about serving more fruits and veggies than if I am thinking about grabbing a sandwich and eating quickly before I get to the next thing. 

Super Link
6. Link had Super Hero Camp at Discover Happy in Decorah.  Bryce said on day one he was shy and clingy and not so happy when Bryce tried to leave.  But day 2 he was much better.  They made capes and masks and a belt they got to put stickers on for completing tasks, like trying new foods (prepared by Jason Scardinia, how could you not want to try them) and they had an obstacle course. 

7. So I am embarrassed to say I just bought my tomato transplants this week, mostly because we couldn't get up to Decorah any time prior.  However, I am happy to report that I got 6 varieties of Seed Savers' tomatoes for free.  So I can have my own tomato tastings this year.  :P

River's Voice at Keystone Park
8. Trish and Richard were the guest artists on Rhythm on the River on Friday.  We stopped by and got some hugs and conversation in. 

9. Bryce stopped into Peter Awad and Jason Trout's office on Friday for their "Beer at Work" day.  He had a great time and arranged to use a part of their office for his own office when he takes Link to preschool this following year.

10. On Saturday I worked at the shop, but when I was finished I had to decided whether to see a good Billy Joel impersonator at the Opera House or go to the annual iron pour in Decorah, which I have wanted to attend for three years and missed.  We went to the iron pour.  It was interesting, but might have been more fun had we participated in the three day mold making process.  Maybe next year or when Link is older.  We also went to La Rana where we had an amazing meal!  Two weeks in a row where every bite is amazing.

No comments: