Sunday, June 17, 2012

2012- Week 24

 1.  Bryce started the week out by going to see Destroyer in Iowa City.  He went alone, but I don't think he minded.  Link and I went to Fennellys' for wings and fried green beans.

2. I had art camp all week and community garden two days and I am beat.  And I have to do it all over again next week and the week after.  So long summer.

3. I started doing Crawford County on the Move.  We do a small session on healthy living and then do a walk to run program.  I am doing it with my friend Shelley Smith.  I love hanging out with her, but she has much longer legs than me, so we get separated often.

4. Our little family went strawberry picking in West Union.  We found a new place this year that is closer and doesn't spray (they are menonite).  We took home around 6 pounds of strawberries that we have already made into freezer jam, cobbler, and had in our cereal and are dehydrating.

5. My uncles Lee and Randy (+kids) were testing out their new camper in Clermont so we joined them for smores with reeces cups.   Their good friends Amy and Sarah and their daughter Eden were there, as well as my Aunt Amy and most of her kids.  We had a great time and Skip-A-Way campground is just beautiful.

6. We went to Victories in Fayette for dinner.  It is my current favorite restaurant within a 1/2 hour drive radius.  I had linguine with clams, Bryce had chicken sambuca (?), and Link had woodfired kid's pizza.  We thought Link's homemade chocolate milk looked like an Asian brushstroke painting. 

7. For father's day we surprised Bryce with fishing poles, some accessories and a fishing license.  Link also got a life jacket.  This is more to help me calm my nerves when Link is by the water.

8.  We went to Bobbi and Steve's house tonight for a fish fry.  We brought asparagus casserole.  The kids played in the blow up pool and slide and some other toys.  Paul and Paula and James and Jenny were there too.

9. I got the mosaic tile in and I have begun to mess around with it.  Still nervous about my big project.

10.  We signed up for the Turkey River Safari.  You register online, then go to a library and pick up a safari backpack, map, and a book to do rubbings in.  You find the locations where there is a post to do a rubbing to show that you have actually been there.  We even found out there is a Lincoln statue just a short drive from us. 

No comments: