Monday, June 4, 2012

2012- Week 22

Todd's brother braiding hair.
 1. Sunday we went to the Beattys' for a volleyball party.  My team won every game and we were the team withOUT the bare chested muscle men.  The weather and night was perfect.  At one point I looked around and saw total peace.  A mother pushing her 1-year-old on a swing, a dad tossing a football with a son, two little boys on bicycles, a manly uncle braiding his nieces' hair, a sleeping 9 week baby on my chest.  The world seemed so great that night. 
Jill and Jason's daughter Kendal.

2. Finally got some seeds in the ground.  Two beds are planted and we already are seeing signs of life with the radishes, onions, and beans.  I know I am late, but you know the old saying.

Link's new bed frame.
3. I spent Memorial Day at the Garnavillo Auction.  I didn't get too many items, but I did get a beautiful antique bed frame for Lincoln's room.

4.  On Thursday I went to Decorah.  Got some good finds at Goodwill.  I also went and got the rug back that I accidentally sold.  AND I went to La Rana with a group of girls in Decorah.  That was SOOO much fun.  After 5 hours, 2 mojitos, and some bruschetta and pie, I realized I had to work the next day and drove home at 1 am.  So great to see Lindsay and Melissa again and to meet some new friends.

5. Hardly seemed like I worked this week.  On Wednesday I spent all day at a district meeting with Amy.  There was a presentation on facilitating and then small groups on summer programming.  Then on Friday I spent the day painting a transportable mural for Amy's summer program.

6. Good day at the shop on Saturday.  Lots of clothing is going which is giving me hope.  

With hat, nose, and bunny rabbit.
7. Link started the signs of a cold.  I am assuming there will be sickness reported in Week 23.  

8.  Amber came over and we walked to Burger Barn with Link in the stroller.  She tried on her wedding dress, which made her happy.  We also got a step closer on scheduling her bridal shower.

9.  One last graduation party on Sunday.  My cousin Trent's girlfriend, Shelby.  Yummy cake balls, a really scary playground donated to the city in 1949, and a little sprinkling of rain led to a good afternoon.

10.  We finished Little Alchemy (currently at 270).  It was an addicting little computer game that Link, Bryce, and I all got into.  Well, Link not so much when things were harder to find, but at the beginning he had a lot of fun.

No comments: