Sunday, May 27, 2012

2012- Week 21

 1. Bryce went to NYC for four days.  The main purpose was for the TechCrunch Disrupt event.  He also fit in seeing his brother Ted and nephew Mason, and his friends from college Laura and Chad.

2. I had a bit of a crappy week.  Despite all the good vibes I was getting I didn't get a part in Oliver and my boss didn't pick the person I wanted (Mari) to work with me for the VISTA summer position.

That's me with the rose in my least fav costume.  Claire (Karin's sis) is next to me in the multi-color. 
 3. Denise's Dance Studio is having its 20th reunion so Karin and I participated in the alumni dance recital Thursday and Friday.  It is a pretty easy dance, but I still get nervous.  I was in Denise's 6th dance recital. 

4. Link and I went to pick Bryce up from the airport on Tuesday and made a day of it.  We went to Jumpin Jane's and it was almost empty, which was much less overwhelming.  We went to Goodwill and found some toys (including a small horse on wheels he rode all through the store).  We ate at Pepper Sprout, a little restaurant I have been trying to get to for a while.  Link and I shared gnocchi with sauerkraut and sausage.  They also specially made a chocolate milk for Link when he ordered it himself.  I needed a place to get Link to nap (I wish those existed in places where they have customers driving over an hour to get to them) so we went to the airport early, but it was too creepy for me.  We were there a half hour and didn't see a single living soul anywhere, so we just drove around.

Two of my favorite hipsters ready for prom.  Kendra shaved one side of her head after I did.  Neil shaved his face like this just for prom and check out his monocle.  Oh my... (I say, shaking my head.)
 5. Graduation parties this week included my cousin- Sierra Moore, and four musical kids- Kristen Wilke, Niel Blair, Kendra Hoeger, and Ellie Berhns.  We missed actual graduation.  I put Link down for a nap so he wouldn't be cranky and started cleaning.  Soon I had three rooms clean and was hearing Pomp and Circumstance drifting through the windows.  Link slept 3.5 hours! 

6.  I've been on a shopping spree lately.  I bought Bryce a whole slew of new t-shirts (which he needed badly), some pants for me, mosaic tile for my project, and much, much more.  I love getting packages in the mail.

7. After school programing is done for the year.  We had an award banquet for the Lego kids which they really enjoyed, showing there parents what they have been doing and getting rewarded for their work.  We took the other kids to Fort Fun. 

8. Thunderstorms were super loud and beautiful.

9. Car broke down again.  Down to just the van for a little bit.

Lincoln Log House with a door, seats, and stage.  Star Wars characters watching a cowboy musical.
10.  Link has been really fun this week.  Lots of laughs and playing.  He is also growing an attachment to Pinky Dinky Do.

No comments: