Friday, May 18, 2012

2012- Week 20

1. Amy gave me rhubarb on Friday so I tried my hand at cooking with it.  I love rhubarb.  I bet if I dipped it in sugar I could eat it raw.   I just baked it with sugar and flour and then had it over ice cream.

2. Saturday night we went to see the Dueling Pianos.  They were performing for a playground fundraiser.  They were very entertaining, but didn't duel as much as joke around.

3. Sunday we had a Mother's Day dinner at my Aunt Linda's home. It was nice and warm so played outside a lot with Justin and Monet. 

4. After our Mother's Day celebration Bryce took me out for my birthday.  We went to Cup of Joe, then the Gallagher Bluedorn to see Burn the Floor (an amazing show), and then to Applebee's for mojitos and 1/2 price appetizers..

5. Bryce got me patio furniture for my birthday/Mother's Day.  I love it.  We finally have a place to sit and eat outside.  On Tuesday night we ate outside and the high school band concert wafted outside and made the evening even more lovely.

6. I volunteered to help the marketing campaign for the skate park in Prairie du Chien and I love it.  Someone once told me most people know what they really want to do in 5th and 6th grade and then they lose sight of it as they get older.  When I was in 6th grade I wanted to go into marketing.  How did I lose focus?

7.  After school is winding down, but we are still keeping it fun.  I taught them how to make pinch pot and coil bowls on Monday and I let them decorate a button and use my "Badge a Minit."

8. Oliver auditions were this week.  Wednesday auditions went great.  They even had me sing for the main part.  However, Thursday brought me back to reality as all the talent showed up that night.

9. Bryce was called for jury duty but was dismissed due to his trip to NYC.  This same week a young man (17) in Manchester killed his grandparents and after three days was caught.  He showed up at the Elkader courthouse due to probably heat from the public.  However, Bryce says that wouldn't have been his case and that he will be tried in Manchester.

10.  Link was very good this week.  On Tuesday he came to work with me and besides being loud he was very good.  He even created his own story.  It goes like this:  "Once upon a time the birds fell down.  Then the super hero saved the birds."  If you ask him to tell it to you a second time he adds a word: "Once upon a time the birds fell down, again.  Then the super hero saved the birds."

No comments: