Friday, May 11, 2012

2012- Week 19

Stella checks out the donkey.
 1.  We made plans to see Sadie, Jason, and family on Saturday night, but Jason's cousin was having a 5-months-after-being-married reception near Elkader so they asked us to join them there.  It felt a little odd not knowing the hosts and we planed to slip in and out unnoticed, but going in Link would not take off a giant lady bug hat and going out our van got stuck in the mud, but other than that we had a great time talking and playing with donkeys and chickens and looking at fish in the pond.  Ohh, and Sadie and Jason are looking into buying some farm land back in the area.  Woohoo!  Link was so excited to see Stella again. 

Not surprisingly I had to have really funky hair for prom.
2. After about 2 months we finally had a day where no one in the family had a thing to do.  So we stayed in our jammies.  I cooked apple rings dipped in pancake batter (thank you pinterest).  We played.  I went through some boxes of old high school stuff.  Did you know that I can fit all my prom dresses and homecoming dresses in the bottom of a rubbermaid tub and it only fills up 1/8 on the bin? Couldn't do that with dresses they wear today.

3. I'm getting tired of Link disagreeing with me about everything so for the past week I have been saying everything the opposite of what I want him to do.  "Link, don't eat all your vegetables," "Link, you can't go over to Grandma's," etc.  It has been working out superb, however I hope he figures out what I am doing soon so we can go back to regular talking.  I'm a little nervous that if I keep doing it he might grow up thinking that I give into whatever he disagrees with.


4. Feeling creative this week. At home I made avacado fries, apple/peanut butter sandwiches, baking soda and vinegar activity for Link, handprint mother's day cards.  At after school we made solar cars, decorated butterfly wings, and made flower pots with flowers we have been growing for a few weeks.

5. I presented drama awards at the high school awards night.  Neil Blair received the highest drama award.  I got my hair braided for the event, which I was hoping would last a few days but came out that night.

6.  I called in for the first time to KDEC.  They were giving away Wilco tickets in Rochester.  I won!!!
For those of you who don't know who Wilco is, here is my favorite song "You and I" with special guest Feist http://youtu.be/HYhQ2ReEyvQ  and here is President Obama introducing them at FarmAid http://youtu.be/nmR32cFfGTQ.

“You should be kissed everyday, every hour, every minute."
7. Wednesday night I decided to have a girls' night since there were two chick flicks in Prairie that I didn't mind seeing.  After a few phone calls and e-mails it eventually ended up just being Cheri and me, which I didn't mind.  Cheri is open and honest and easy to talk to.  We ate at Wasabi and then went to The Lucky One.  And the analysis is: dinner A, movie C-.  That god awful caption is the actual line said in this frame.

8. We had our church directory photos taken.  They were terrible.  The whole time Link's head was in front of part of mine.  The photographer kept saying "Oh, I got a great one of Lincoln," and they were seriously some of the worse faces that Link could make.  It was also weird that he didn't take continuous shots with a kid, but posed ones.  Have you never photographed a child?  Needless to say we are not taking home any to put on our walls.  I do however now have a lust for their tripod on wheels with a easy rotational camera angle thingamabob. 


9. Whimsy Market is filling up.  We had two vendors expand and three new people request space.  It is very exciting.  Archive (Michelle and Sara's store that broke my heart) opened up this weekend and I love it, just as much as I hate it.  Though I wanted to buy everything I couldn't bear to buy anything there so I went to the Buttery and bought a great painting that I fell in love with right away. 

10. Bryce is getting a new laptop and design software from work.  He is very excited about it.  And he is planning a trip to NYC to go to a tech convention later this month.  He is loving being more involved with the company.

No comments: