Saturday, May 5, 2012

2012- Week 18

1.  I felt the love at our office meeting on Monday.  Amy presented me with an award I was unaware of that I won for ads that I had made for 4-H.  I also was given a round of applause for continuing to stay next year.  And the office decided they would buy Adobe Creative Suite so that I could teach them how to do the programs so they can continue to have nice looking stuff in the future.  (For all my design friends, they can get the entire Creative Suite 6 for their County for $280!)

2. Our family decided to take a drive to Tuscany.  Oh no wait, that's still Iowa.  Steve and Ann McCorkindale live in this gorgeous Tuscan style house in the hills where they have their own vineyard and make their own wine.  They are hiring me to create a mosaic on a small section of their house.  Gulp.  So they had our family over for dinner.  Lamb, pasta, rosemary bread, wine, wine, wine, coffee. 


3. Got a text that theater buds were eating at Fennellys' and then going to a movie.  We joined them for dinner only.  Link had a good time playing with the Fennelly kiddos.

4. Link and I ran an errand in Oelwein.  We went to Goodwill after.  Link got to pick out a toy.  He picked out roller skates and barely took them off the rest of the day.  He loves them.  I was stocking up and was nearing $100 when I went to the register and was informed it was 1/2 off everything day! That made my day.
 
5.  Link has been really social this week so we decided to venture over to the neighbors and played with their little boys, Vaughn and Tyce.  They have another little one, Cade, who was sleeping.

6. Marge Banse is going to school for massage and healing therapies.  I had a Thai Massage this week.  It was clothed and involved being moved a lot and having some hot spices in cloths pressed on you.  Really cool.

7.  My mom's community club had their annual Mother's Day dinner with a speaker.  My childhood neighbor and friend, Leah Moellers Thompson, gave the presentation on her medical trips to Haiti after the earthquake and rural India.  She also announced she is accepting a emergency medical position in LaCrosse, WI next year.

8. KCRG is featuring Elkader this year in "Our Town" so we went to a breakfast at Caterpillar to meet the people and newscasters who were collecting stories.  Link got to pick out all the names from the jar for prizes.

9. Went to Guttenberg Garage Sales.  Scored lots of great deals for the family and the store.  I got the store some mirrors, large picture frames, rugs, and clothing.  I got Link a basketball hoop, a baseball mit, some balls for a ball pit and a Barbie VW van.  Ran into Sadie and Jason who are back clearing out their house, just signed papers this week for the sale.  :(

10.  Karin invited us to last minute dinner with them at Schera's, which we gladly accepted.  Which means I have had a week full of fun with friends, but only one meal cooked at home.   Oh my.



No comments: