Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sept 11, A Great Day

For as much as August nearly killed me, September has been going extremely well. Cross my fingers as we are not even half way through yet. Yesterday was the best so far. My mom woke me up bright and early for a garage sale we had at my house. By the end of the day I had made $150 and reduced a lot of clutter. The remaining quality clothes I had went into boxes for Thread Up. Link was great all day and every nap he went to sleep right away without crying. We found a battery for the scale in all our junk and when I weighed myself I was 5 lbs less than last time. At noon Sister Cities had a concert in the park and Maritza, a band from Decorah, played. The group was awesome. The played traditional Jewish and Balkan music on accordion, violin and upright bass. Bryce and I enjoyed the concert while eating a meal of 2 Mit Burgers from the local stand that closes up shop this week until next summer. After Bryce went to work, Link and I went on a date and saw Ramona and Beezus at the local theater. I would highly recommend taking anyone of any age. It was really great. When we got home, Link once again fell right asleep. With Bryce home I was able to go out with my friend Dani to sing karaoke. We had gone to the event two weeks ago and been blown away by the amazing singers. We were so nervous we were practicing for weeks. I was scared to death because I have always sang karaoke in groups, never solo. However, when we walked into the place it was nearly empty. We competed with 5 people tops and were able to sing as many songs as we wanted, allowing us a great time to see what songs worked for us and which did not. By the end of the night Dani and I both won t-shirts from the drawing and Dani won 1st place $35 and I won $15.

No comments: