Wednesday, June 23, 2010

His own signs

Link has always rubbed his eyes when he is tired, but I recently noticed a new sign he makes. From observation he has started to pant like a dog whenever he sees a dog. Today when he saw a sculpture of a dog he began to pant. Last night when Bryce left the room he said "Dah day" which he has said before and we could never tell if he associated it with Bryce or not. The same goes for mama because he says the words in babble and never looks at what he wants. So, when he said "Dah day" I decided to test him a little. And listen to this. I said "Dah day? Where is Daddy?" He stuck out his pointed finger and pointed to the door where dad had just left. I was so excited I praised him and then said "Where is Mama?" He pointed right at my face and then made two kissy noises! Wow, not only did he know exactly who I was talking about I even learned he used the kissy noises to mean me. Once I though about it, I am the only one who does give him an overabundance of kisses. I have tried to get him to repeat the pointing about 10 times throughout the night and he has yet to repeat it. So not sure if it was a moment of clarity, he is being rebellious, or it was a sheer accident.

No comments: