Sunday, April 25, 2010

I graduated again


Over the past three days the Adventures with Lincoln crew spent a beautiful weekend retreat leading up my graduation from Spirations Institute for Interspiritual Formation. The two year program has been amazing, filled with beautiful strong women growing into spiritual directors. Besides meeting quarterly at retreat centers throughout the Midwest, such as Dunrovian, Sinsanawa, and Creighton, the curriculum included readings, pod casts, music, and integrative pieces to do at your own pace, as well as visiting other events where people experience faith. At our retreats we practiced and crafted our own way of becoming spiritual directors and participated in group activities such as Interplay, Dances for Universal Peace, and Soul Collage. I have never experienced such a community of belonging. They gave me what was needed to grow in ways I sometimes feared.

I made graduation caps for all my friends. It was quite fun to spend the month as the Mad Hatter.