Sunday, April 11, 2010

Everytime I go to Decorah

Everytime I go to Decorah I run into so many friends it makes me realize I have way more there than here. Still whenever I think about moving anywhere I always think about the friends I may be leaving behind. When we moved to Elkader I had to calculate milage to Trisha and Richards and found it comparable to Arlington and I was worried about losing contact with Dani and Todd (though we have seen them more since moving). Now I think about Brian and Frederique, Leslie, my Monona friends, Sadie & Jason, Trish & Dani again, etc. Which makes me rethink.
But if we could get a job in Decorah that is sustainable it would be super nice. Especially if we moved when Link was around 4-5. There is a Waldorf school, a Montessori school, tons of parent friends with kids being raised the same way (nursing toddlers, etc), ArtHaus has super fun things to do with kids, all these things Link could be a part of without ME having to be the founder of the programs.
Grrr. I hate knowing there are too many great places on earth. Why do I even travel 10 miles away from my home?

No comments: