Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sister Cities

I was elected to Sister Cities Board a few years ago. Kathy, the President at that time, was having meetings about every other week to tell us about all the things "she" was doing. I got burned out and bored. We all did. So at a meeting at the end of the year Frederique was elected to President in somewhat of a conspiracy. Since his election over a year ago we have had one meeting, definitely not enough. Of those meetings they were only cat fights between Frederique and Kathy. Then Ed, the creator of Sister Cities passed away a couple weeks after Link was born. I was alone with the two and it has been a mess. Although one less meeting is nice, I have some ideas I want to get together (Algerian Labyrinth, Grants) and I want the program to work. The state rep came this month asking for us to get it together.
Later that week Ed's widow, Ruth, stopped me at the pharmacy and asked that I consider running for President. I am honored and excited to do it. The only thing is, we need to have a meeting. And with Frederique's leadership it is not going to happen. So I am calling the meeting and hopefully Frederique will not be upset. So we will see what becomes of my role in Sister Cities. Tonight my family went to dinner at our pastor's home where we talked about the meeting, I am planning on nominating her to the board. Bryce could probably post and tell you about the food. It was good.

No comments: