Monday, January 18, 2010

New Business

Tonight I received an award from the city today for starting a new business in Elkader in 2009. In case you are wondering WHAT business, since I have my hand in several things, it was for my photography.
While there I ran into people who, as one person put it "haven't seen in many Sundays." Several wanted to talk to me and tell me that they miss the newspaper in my hands because it was more community based. That always makes my day. I can't believe it has been a year since the paper was my baby and not in someone else's hands. I miss it, but not the hours or the people I ended up with. The newspaper changed a lot for me. It brought me to Elkader, it made me known in the community and me to know others in the community. What a blessing.
On the way back from the banquet I started reflecting on work again. I know I do a ton of stuff, some works, some doesn't. I am trying to think of ways where I can pool my energy into one event or so a month and reap rewards similar to a month of work. I have wanted to be an event planner ever since I learned what one was. My idea, be my own event planner. Plan a baby or wedding expo or battle of the bands, etc. Another thing I like is writing curriculum. It was my favorite part of teaching. My idea, writing a curriculum program "An artist a day" and reaping the rewards through sales of the program.

1 comment:

Joy said...

love the creative ideas to utilize your wonderful and varied talents! :)