Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hot Wings

Last night after Bryce went to work I went upstairs to put Link down for a nap and looked at my facebook. There was an invitation from Annette, a new friend of mine, to join her and some friends (Paula, Bobbi, Jenny, and Kandi) for a movie in Elkader and dinner at Fennelly's afterward. So I quickly thought of someone I could call to take care of Link (John and Sue Gnagy) and arranged for them to take care of him for a few hours. When Link went to sleep I quickly went and shoveled out the driveway and dug out the car. I got Link to the Gnagy's and myself to the movie theater at 6:45 for the 7:30 show. Ten minutes later they sold out of tickets while I was in line. Because I did not have any of the girl's phone numbers I thought they might already be inside. So I went to Fennelly's to see if they were there and they were. They also didn't get tickets. So we ate, talked and filled the place with laughter. I had so much fun. Then we went to the bowling alley for more laughter, drinks, and bowling. It was my first time away from Link so long and I needed it. It was great to come back to him and my husband.
Funniest story from the night: A few years ago her daughter's kindergarten class all drew pictures of their mom's for mother's day and had them hanging in the hall. When Kandi went to a teacher conference she had her daughter point out her picture. There was her drawing of her mom with her beautiful black hair flowing and her beautiful black pubic hair. I couldn't stop laughing at how funny it would be to see that my child drew that, but on top of that had it hanging in the school hall.
This morning to use up leftovers I made hotwing omelettes, with hot wings, celery and cheese.

1 comment:

me said...

sounds really fun. wish i could have been there!